Friday 15 July 2011

Happy Father's Day


My dad is currently undertaking a french language course & he loves the country France. So this is why I chose to do the text in french 'Happy Father's Day", in an joint & slightly italic font. Joint & italic writing to me resembles a french hand written piece so I thought that this font fitted perfectly with the cards theme. Whilst with the text being black & bold it also contains a masculine edge so therefore making it more appropriate. The center piece is a king of hearts playing card with my dad's head in black & white, juxtaposed replacing the cards original king's face. The use of the king of hearts card is quite cliched but still I think it works well, especially with the green card as the background as it resembles a poker's table.

No comments:

Post a Comment